Wild Rice & Cranberries
1 cup Wild rice (broken or long-grain – soak the long-grain overnight)
½ cup dried cranberries
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 – 4 Tablespoons of butter (more as needed)
½ tsp Mouth-watering Mushroom spice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp all-spice
- Rinse the wild rice in a strainer, then cook in saucepan using 4:1 ratio water to rice. (45 minutes or so)
- Place cranberries in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain water
- Meanwhile, sautée chopped onion in 2 T butter over medium heat in a medium frying pan
- Add minced garlic to onion for about 30 seconds, then remove the mixture from heat – place contents in separate dish
- Once rice is cooked, drain water.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to frying pan, add cooked wild rice and move it around until coated in butter
- Add spices as well as onion & garic mix and cranberries
- Stir until heated and place into a side dish.
This is a healthy, protein-rich side dish sure to enhance any meal.